Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Early Harvest

Well, this is a learning year and we shall see if my mistake is a learning moment, or if the wine turns out OK.

Sunday 9/4 I checked the Brix and it was at 22.. being slightly.. OK REALLY impatient I forgot to recheck all my Notes and thought TIME TO HARVEST!!!!

Only after I had already Harvested 3 of the 4 Vines did I remember one note, which was that the stems should be brown before harvesting.. Mine were still mainly green.

Here are the grapes before harvest:


And the after Crushing "mess":


9/5... after letting the must "rest" for a day after adding Campden tablets, I added the yeast. This morning before leaving for work I checked and we have the beginning Fermentation!!

Pre-harvest Video:

Preparing to Crush:

After the Crush: 

No comments: